1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
A pinch of Salt
10 tbsp butter
2-4 tbsp ice water
1tsp baking powder(optional)
Filling(for 9inch pan):
5 pears diced
3/4 cup sugar
4 tbsp flour
2tbsp butter diced
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees centigrade.
2. Mix the dry crust ingredients then rub in the softened butter. When it’s all mixed, add the ice water until the dough starts to become chunks. Then, combine the chunks into a large piece of dough and cut in half.
3. Roll out half of the dough until it’s 11 inches wide and long. Then trim to fit in the pie pan and push it in.
4. Combine all filling ingredients and pour into crust.
5. Roll out the other half of dough for the top crust.
6. Bake the pie for 45-50minutes. Until the fruit is bubbling and the crust is golden brown.
7. Serve cold with ice cream.